Monday, July 9, 2012

Back yard landscape update

Been spending a lot of time this week in backyard again!

Just as a reminder, these were THE BEFORES of the backyard landscaping weedy nightmare


These are after hours and hours of cutting trees myself, having a few professionally removed, after pulling weeds, removing all the ivy from the privet heads on the property line in the back, digging my own beds, and mulching myself!!!! And I'm not even halfway there!
The 100$ worth of seeds I planted, seem to only be sprouting like six plants. 
Makes me so mad.  I need to remember to call and complain to wherever I bought those online.....
Half of them were moldy.  I gave them a shot and now I'll never plant a seed/bulb garden again.  Pointless.  Sigh.....

Just this week, I put in a new butterfly bush and a new hydrangea. 
This gardening is hard hard work, but I do love it. 
Once plants start coming in or when I plant some more things, the painstaking hours and hours will have been worth it.  I think.   For the beauty of it..... I can envision it.  Will be awhile.

Working on estimates for a small bit of fence in backyard.  Between neighbors house and ours. 
Hopefully will have 25 foot of fence by end of August.  And a patio.  A patio with an awning.  Dreaming big. 

Anyway, just a quick peek into my ongoing project.  There was SO much ivy.    






1 comment:

  1. I think that the way you did your backyard landscape is a good start. It will be rewarding when everything starts growing and blossoming. I look forward on how your yard will look soon with the patio and awning!

    Katy Eagles

    ReplyDelete