Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Gardening Day with Pop

Today was a back yard gardening day with Pop! All day .... 10-5!!!!
16 bags of mulch ..... 2 crape myrtle bushes and 1 Chicago Lustre Viburnum later......
I'm pooped!

It was so nice having some help back there today!  And the use of Dad's Roto-tiller!
I mean, I don't think I could have ever accomplished what we did today, by myself in 2 months!

I was painstakingly hour after hour trying to shovel up the grass to create my garden beds. 
With his Roto-tiller, that work was done within 1.5 hours, if that!!!!
THANKS DAD!


This is the BEFORE PIC where old mulch bed did not extend the length of the new fence ....


 So here, we extended the bed! And had to replant a couple of President Canna.


Dad hard at work with the Roto-tiller

This was the BEFORE PIC of back right corner of yard.  Weeds and no cut out beds.  Just dirt. And grass. And did I say weeds?


This is the AFTER PIC.  A mulched bed with 2 crape myrtles.  Will have to plant more in fall.



We've come a long way with the backyard.  XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment