Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blue Vinyl Siding Under Windows got Painted DIY

I got ants in my pants to paint. 
I want to finally be rid of the blue. 
Painted most of the under window blue all around house on each floor.
Moving the heavy ladder gave me bruises all over and I kind of made a mess in some places on the white siding with the dark green paint.  Need to find a solution to fix.  One that doesn't melt plastic vinyl.  Yikes.

BEFORE

 DURING
 AFTER

Hard to tell in pictures especially, but the blue was faded and old.  The dark green looks much better.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's been a while now but it's good to hear that you're able to paint your sidings on your own. But I think it could be dangerous to climb up to paint it. Anyway, when painting a vinyl siding, it is advisable to use a water-based urethane because it would bond perfectly to your vinyl.

    KatchMark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s it, Francisco. And aside from the good adhesive, it won’t easily ruin your vinyl sidings since it’s water-based. In short, you can save from some expensive maintenance out of this.

    Sarai @EdmundsGeneralContracting.com

    ReplyDelete